We’re Smart® World Awards 2021
Dear journalist, We're Smart® World, the undisputed reference in the culinary world of fruit and vegetables, will unveil the world's best vegetable restaurants in the magnificent setting of Château Bourglinster (Luxembourg) on 20 September, in the presence of the world's top chefs. Each year, We're Smart® World awards restaurants that work towards healthy, sustainable, innovative and ecological food. You will also find out which restaurants will be featured in the Green Guide 2021, the influential culinary-gastronomy guide for vegetable restaurants.
We warmly invite you to follow the onsite and online event of the We're Smart® Awards from the front row. Frank Fol, The Vegetables Chef® and driving force behind We're Smart World, will present the following awards:
- Best Vegetables Restaurant
- Top 100 of Best Vegetables Restaurants
- The Top 10 Best Vegetables Restaurants: Belgium, Denmark, France, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, South Africa
- Discoveries Awards
- The Most Delicious Think Vegetables! Think Fruits!® Menu
- The Plantbased Untouchable
Top chefs including Xavier Pellicer (Xavier Pellicer, Spain), René Mathieu (Château Bourglinster, Luxembourg) and Michaël Vrijmoed (Vrijmoed, Belgium) will be present at the awards show and will exclusively share their vision of the culinary world of fruit and vegetables.
Frank Fol, founder We're Smart World: "In these challenging times for the hospitality industry, I am happy to bring a positive message: a growing number of chefs are putting more and more vegetables on the menu. They do so with such impressive mastery that you would almost forget that fish and meat exist. The We're Smart® World team has worked hard to visit as many restaurants as possible that work according to the Think Vegetables! Think Fruit! philosophy. No fewer than 1,000 restaurants, spread across 46 countries, have been included in this year's vegetable guide. And a number of food projects are receiving a radish leaf for the very first time, the new category alongside the coveted radishes. We are also very proud that the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is this year’s host country for the award ceremony."
- Monday 13 September 2021, from 2PM.
- Château Bourglinster, rue du Château 8, L-6162 Bourglinster Luxemburg
(Restaurant of René Mathieu, winner We're Smart Best Vegetable Restaurant in the World with La Distillerie 2020)
- Confirm your presence here on September 13th
- 1:30 PM Welcome
- 2:00 PM Award ceremony - between recordings the possibility of interviewing present chefs
- 5:00 PM Word by Frank Fol, founder We're Smart World, followed by reception
- 6:00 PM End
Online award show
- Monday 20 september 2021, from 10 AM via YouTube.
- Register here for the online award ceremony
Would you like to receive embargoed information about the We're Smart World Awards winners? Or would you like to book an interview with organiser Frank Fol and/or the winning chefs? Then contact us at [email protected]
We hope to see you there!
- Winners We’re Smart World Awards 2020
- Press file
Over We’re Smart
We're Smart® is the undisputed reference in the culinary world of vegetables and the brainchild of Frank Fol, The Vegetable Chef®. Every year We're Smart® recognises the best vegetable restaurants and chefs in the world with the We're Smart® Green Guide and We're Smart® Future Awards. This is how We're Smart® contributes to a healthy, sustainable and ecological world.